Thursday, August 23, 2012

Karen and Squats

2 days ago I walked in the gym slapped 95# on a bar with 10 minutes before the 9 am class and decided to squat.

7 Min AMRAP Back Squat
Max reps with 95#

My score 140

My goal here was to do the largest set I could without setting the bar down, and with the remaining time get as many reps as possible.  I was able to go 140 unbroken and actually was on my way up when the buzzer beeped for 7 minutes on my 139th rep.  I did 1 more to hit 140 and then dropped it.  That was a PR with 95#.

Then the class deadlifted

1 Rep Deadlift
475

then:

430 x 5

I went heavy more then for a 1 rep or 5 rep.  Feel good that this is not lighter weight then untouchable weight.  The WOD after this was:

Karen
150 Wall Balls

My time
5:46

This was a PR from 6:33.  I have never really done this WOD alone or fresh so I am not sure how skewed the 6:33 is.  My legs actually felt fine in was my anterior delta that were on fire.  I ended up having a busy rest of the day so that was it.
____________________________

Yesterday

I did the class WOD again

For time
800 M Run
50 KBS 53#
400 M Run
50 Ground to Overhead 95#
300 M Run
50 Pull ups

My time
14:40

The ground to overhead got heavy and then the pull ups sucked.....and running as always sucked.  Good WOD though.

-later-

30 MU for Time

My time
3:43 PR

4:20 was the fastest I have done this before so I was pumped.  I have been working a lot on MU's and have been feeling a lot better about them.  I have really been working pull ups as well and just did 53 unbroken the other day and feel I can get over 60.....my goal is 75.  We had a competition class at 8 PM but I was unable to do the WOD.  I did do the strength:

1 Rep Snatch
245

I did not go higher because my quads were real sore and I did not feel comfortable in the bottom.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment