Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heavy Overhead...FINALLY!

This morning NO one showed up for the class.....until 20 minutes after class started (Kate).  So, lets just say she jumped in with my training.  I started before she got the with:

Tabata Sprints
12% incline
9 MPH

Then she walked in right before I started back squatting:

EMOTM 6 Min
6 Back squat 255#

This was heavy hitting it at this pace.....felt good though to go above 225# with no pain.  I now consider myself to no longer have a broken collar bone.  Now it is in the end of the healing process....only limiting me in certain things.  After the squats we did:

6 Rds
5 Clean & Jerks 185#
30 DU's

My time
8:15

I did this the other day but was not able to jerk it.......I really felt like this was a big step forward on my road to recovery.  It was tight afterwards but  that was it.  I was going to leave after this, but had to do 1 more thing:

50 Deadlifts 145#

My time
1:09

Went unbroken and am going to keep increasing the weight by 10#.  Next week 155#.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment