Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hang Clean and burpees

I brought back an oldie but goodie. It has been over a month since doing this WOD and felt like it was a good day to perform it:

3 Rds

15 Hang power cleans 135#
15 burpees

My time:
3:20 (PR)

http://nickurankar.blogspot.com/2011/01/quick-post.html (Old PR)

last time i did this I PR'd with a 3:35. I had to break up the last 2 sets of power cleans. not this time! I only broke up the last set.....9 - 6. I do not know why either. i was felling good and just set it down. My grip was strong and it had to have been all mental. I was so mad when I set it down. At least I know next time I will be doing it unbroken for sure!

Tonight I will go for Max KBS. I will count this workout as my burpees for the day and try to get over 60 straight swings.

i am also very excited for the competition in Ann Arbor on Saturday. my back is feeling much better and i am confident I should be able to perform every exercise. I am excited to meet new competitors and to keep getting better in preparation for the 2011 games!!

When I got home:

60 UNBROKEN KBS 1.5 Pood

This made me excited.....but I could have done more but my hands got very sweaty and the KB was very slick.  I will do this again when I have some chalk.

NU

1 comment:

  1. im going to try the burpee You Challenge tomorrow, hope im not to sore to get a respectable time, I have to work on those Clean and Jerks, im going to send you a video of me doing a snatch if you could take a look at it that would be great...

    ReplyDelete