Saturday, August 17, 2019

Post Games Blues

No, I don't have the Blues.  But, the post games slump (in training) is real.  As an athlete you wonder a lot of different things.  When do I start training again?  How hard do I start training?  When do I kick my volume up?  What skills do I need to be hammering? And the Questions continue.

For me, the season is odd because the Open starts in less than two months.  I am also in the 35-39 age group and this means the Open doesn't have much value in regards to being in tip top shape with the Games being almost one year away.  But, when will the Online Qualifier be?  And will I stay in that division or would I like to try to Qualify as an individual?  Or at least put in a good effort at competitions.

I have been in limbo for a few weeks and my girls being out of school has not helped.  They are at home and we do a lot together.  School starts in less than a week and I know that means I will have more "ME" time.  But, what will I do with it?

I have a lot of ideas, thoughts, concepts that I believe are valuable running through my head.  The majority are things I believe are valuable for everyone.  I am constantly trying to help people in ways that I am not sure they want helped.  It makes me laugh at myself because I can spew out random information that has been circulating in my head to someone asking a simple question about what knee wraps they should buy.  I feel bad sometimes for those peoples.  This will be a space for me to get ideas and thoughts out.

One thing I am trying to do is create Value for others.  Something that popped into my head that I will be posting about on here, as well as social media, is the idea that "Every Lift Has A Story".  It all makes sense in my head, we will see if it can come out on paper/video properly!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment