Saturday, September 24, 2011

FRAN and Some Good Competition

This morning was a good training session with Doug.  We got started with some strength and then I finally got the nerve to try FRAN again....and it brought back memories.  We warmed p with heavy Thrusters:

1 Rep Thruster
205 x 1
215 x 1
225 x 1
235 x 1
245 x 1
255 x 1 (FAILED)

This did not feel that heavy but my shoulder and upper chest were toast and the lock out was the toughest part.  I am feeling I may be able to get 275 not which would be a big jump since Regionals where i did 245.  Next was the my lady friend:

FRAN
21-15-9
Thrusters 95#
Pull ups

My time
2:22

I taped this and I was feeling good but at the end of my 15's I could feel my forearms giving out (same feeling from when I fell)  when i jumped up for my 9's I decided to play it safe and not push through the forearm fatigued and dropped after 4, the did 3, and finally 2.  I was on pace to beat my 2:10.....and am happy for that....but for the first time since the break I wanted to just finish!

Next I came up with something on the fly....and it blew out my posterior chain:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
Deadlift 275#
KBS 2 Pood

My time
9:51

It was hard to decide what to do since my hands were shredded from yesterdays weighted pull ups and FRAN (Doug PR's by 5 sec which was awesome....he can get sub 3 easy).  I really took my time on this WOD because my hands were so tender.  I was able to go unbroken on the deads until the 9's where I broke 5-4.  We then ended with a WOD from Bryn that Doug would give me a good push at:

For Time
50 DU's
10 HSPU
40 DU's
8 HSPU
30 DU's
6 HSPU
20 DU's
4 HSPU
10 DU's
2 HSPU

My time
2:20

He would have been right with me except he tripped on his doubles right after we started.  Still nice to know if I missed he would catch me.  Good quick WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment