Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2011 Reebok CrossFit Games

This last weekend was amazing.......a HUGE learning experience.  Something I will never forget.  I went in WANTING to win the CrossFit Games and left knowing how to win.  Disappointment can be viewed many different ways.....the way I viewed this was more as a step in the right direction.  I made it to the largest stage in CrossFit and in front of more people then have ever seen the sport.  To be a part of this was unreal.

Mentally I looked at this like an event that I should win.  Once it started I began realizing what I need to do to win.  I have walked into many competitions knowing what can be thrown at me and how to train for it.....because I can in my box.  Hear i was thrown curve balls.  I assumed what we would be lifting long and heavy, and thought there was no way that we would be moving light weight around so I trained heavy.  Unfortunately, I was wrong, and heavy weight did not come up until after I was eliminated.  Making me realize I need to be ready for everything, not just what I THINK will happen.  I need to make it all the way.

I also will come into the comp with more confidence.  This happens by being prepared,  I felt as prepared as I could be and now learned how wrong I was.  I would not have changed anything I did but now know that i will train smarter, therefore allowing me to be confident in everything and prepared for anything. 

I will have more insights to come on the comp.  For now those are my thoughts.  I will get better and be ready for 2012.   I will be ready!!!!!!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment