Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Why the Excuse?

Excuses, why are they thrown out so loosely?  I can make an excuse for everything I don't want to do, wish I was better at, my lack of knowledge, and all the pitfalls that showcase my lack of skill.

I fight with these everyday.  I try so hard to not use them.

I have started, instead of making an excuse, asking myself if I even care about the thing I am making the excuse about?  If I don't, I go about life not allowing myself to give an excuse regarding it.  I focus on something I care about, putting positive energy towards that.

I have started looking into parts of my life that have me stressed, wishing I would be different, and that I truly care about.  This has led me to have so much growth in so many areas of my life that "I" care about.

Not having to let the world in on them is also fine.  I don't need to tell you how much I am doing, learning, and not stressing about anymore.  If you asked though, I will be sure to tell you how much it lights me up.  How I can help you feel this way.  Which you may not want... problem for you is, I would do it anyway because I am a helper.

There is no one I have met that hated themselves more for working on the things in their life they truly care about.  Instead the opposite normally happens.  They wish they had done it sooner.  The sooner is the tough part, many never start and tell themselves daily how bad they are for not starting.  This brings on the excuses.

We then go through the cycle.  Do I even care about the thing I am making the excuse about?  If yes, then drop the excuse and start, start by asking for help from someone who is walking the walk.  I guarantee they would love to help you.

Or do some learning and research in the areas that you feel will help you not hinder you.  Don't look up how hard it is to do something, instead look up how to make it easy.  The amount of support around you incredible, you have to step out from the excuses and start asking for help and taking responsibility.

The results are guaranteed from there!

NU


No comments:

Post a Comment