Thursday, August 15, 2019

WE ARE ALL FAILURES

I love listening to Podcasts and Books and recently read something that started to get me thinking.

We Are All Failures.

This was what popped in my head.  I am not sure if you have ever read or heard something and then had a switch clicked over.  This is what happened to me.

We all Fail, a lot...Yet, we all hide from our failures.  We point out everything every one else is doing wrong and failing at, but never admit our pitfalls.  Not only that, things we look at as personal success others see as Failures.  On the flip, what we view as personal Failures others view as success.  We are circulated daily with contradicting ideas and we fight to become someone we ultimately are failing at perfecting.

This led me to think the only way we can view ourselves as successful (never possible in others eyes) we have to become who we are.  Many times we don't know who that is or how to bring that person into the world.  A quote I read that helps:

"The size of your success is limited only by the size of your thinking"

We put off changing to who we are in order to look a certain way and ultimately become someone we aren't.

"Virtually everyone who puts off change fails to make it.

When it comes to change, a sure sign of failure is procrastination."

-Michael Masterson

FYI, this is not a thought out post, but an idea that I am writing through.  These are the things that run through my head all the time.

Myself, I am a procrastinator and lazy.  People would argue that those are not true startements about myself...HMMMM...seems I know myself, my deep self that is hard to talk about.  And this is my truth.

When I find value in something, I can chase it to no end.  When I go after it though it pulls away from other areas of my life.   I still like to have my down, lazy time.

I also, procrastinate, I can take forever to do something I believe to be unimportant.  Problem is not everyone views these things the same way and it can get me into trouble.  My wife is the opposite and will do everything immediately and it drives me crazy.  Because of this though it pulls me into action more then I would like.  She is one of the largest reasons I am a semi-success.  I would probably only think about doing things if it wasn't for who she is and me just trying to "keep up".

Trust me, I am a big Failure with some really cool successes.  You may not look at them as successes if I told you what I personally feel are my successes, but it doesn't matter what you believe my successes are, they are mine.  Yours may be weird to me as well, but that doesn't matter either...be you and change to be the best you.  Not easy...but worth it!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment