Saturday, February 11, 2012

Globo Swim

I am planning to rest all day today except for my lunch time fun.  I went to the Globo Gym and decided to swim.  There were a lot of people in the pool so I did a bunch of 25 M swims at a slow pace.  Then.....oh yes.....then I got challenged.  This person was the Michael Phelps of Plymouth, someone I would not want to see in a dark ally.....she was a 15 girl on the Plymouth swim team and she wanted a piece of me.  I said, "lets do it"....then she said, "lets do blah blah blah stroke,"  I had no idea what she said so I said, "no...freestyle"...ok she said.  And we were off...

Her dad said go.....and about 5 M in a 6 year old kid jumped in front of me.............there is a rope that you can swing from into the pool.  Pretty cool unless you are RACING!  I was able to dodge him.  As I was flailing in the water I noticed we were neck and neck.  My breathing was off....even though I have not actually taught myself how to breath well in the water.  Eventually I just stuck my head in the water and just SWAM!  I hit the edge and realized I won by about a Meter.  I tried to act like I wasn't surprised.  Even with a kid flying in my way I still managed to win....then the best part happened...."Did you swim in high school?" she asked.  This was the 2nd time in a week I had swam and before that I do not think I had ever swam 25 M straight except in the games and 1 time last summer.  "No..."   I did not know what else to say.  Then she said "well....we need to go again doing blah blah blah stroke"  I said, "I have to get back to work"  Which I did....but I new I would have been destroyed mainly because I would have done a free stroke again and been disqualified. 

Great thing.....now I have a training partner on the Plymouth swim team....that is if we cross paths again.  She had swam about 500 laps to my 5 before we raced though.  I watched most of them.  Different workout in the pool.....oh ya and we only raced 25 M....anymore and I would have petered out.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment