Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 CrossFit Games Season

I hear a lot of talk about the "Games Season"  and if there is an off season or not.  To me there is not an off season physically, but there is a mental off season. The time where you sit back and do more things you enjoy doing....take extra time off....do not stress about missing a WOD....etc...  My "Mental Offseason"  ended last night.  I woke up mentally ready and after getting back from the box this morning I said to my wife, "Games Training Starts today.  The dates I have on the calender are May 11-13 with the ultimate goal of July 13-15 the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games at the Home Depot Center in LA.  That gives me 3 1/2 months to get ready for Regionals.  The Open starts February 22nd and I expect to see big gains during that time and ultimately be close to peaking or peaking in May. 

Now the tough part lies with how does training change, more metcons, strength, longer WODs, set programming.....this is the part where a coach comes in.  So I say to you....I am going to do everything I can, test my body and push it farther then I have and not look at something and turn my head to it, but instead head full steam towards it.  I AM READY!  I will be contacting as many people as I can and I will begin following more CrossFit.com programming.  I saw a WOD yesterday the CrossFit Games Facebook page put up that Ben Smith did.....he crushed it by the way.  I decided to give it a go this morning:

9-7-5
Squat Snatch 185
HSPU
*15 Toes 2 bar between movements

My time
7:30 (4:57 Ben Smith)

Well, that's one reason why I need to pick it up more.  He crushed me.  I did every rep on the snatch and dropped it while he did most touch and go....insane! 

I left the Box to get home early enough and fortunately the Fam was still asleep so I went in the basement for some more quick work before work:

10 Min EMOTM
3 Touch and go Squat Clean 205

Not to heavy but wanted to as quick as I could repping it out touch and go.  I plan to hit a longer AMRAP after work and do some squatting.

I am so ready to start this competition SEASON!  I want to see how far I can go and where everyone else can take there training!  This is going to be an awesome year.....

Here was a nice article By Josh Bunch for CrossFit HQ as well.  The only thing I would change is that I do my own programming but take good things I see or hear from people.

Urankar's Journey: 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games Page
NU

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nick! Been reading your blog a little while, you are killing it keep it up!! I liked your article on your journey to the games, pretty awesome. With that determination I'm sure you will be at the games again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben, your not doing to bad yourself! Look forward to competing in Cali!

    ReplyDelete