Thursday, November 10, 2011

Columbus Trip

I was able to travel out to Columbus, OH on Tuesday and Wednesday to get some training in with Dan Bailey, with appearances from Mikko Salo and David Ulmer.  When I got there Dan and Mikko had just finished a WOD....bummer...but Dan was nice and hit one with me anyway:

EMOTM 10 Min
290# x 2 Band Speed Deadlifts

We used a large band and small band to add resistance and went for speed. This was the first time I have used bands for Deadlifts. Next:

EMOTM 4 Med Ball Shouldering 100# (2 on rt, 2 on lt)
Finish when 100 burpees is completed with remaining time in the minute

My time
6:31

This was the only WOD that Dan and I went head to head, but like I said he had JUST finished a WOD with Mikko so I felt for him on this one.  After this we grabbed lunch and then when we got back:

EMOTM 15 Min 185# x 2 Squat Snatch

I thought about going heavier once we got going but this was used more like a form development.  As the WOD went on I got into a groove but at about Min 9-10 I failed a rep.  Not happy but I let the bar get to far out inform of me.  Next:

5 Rds
1 Min Max Wall Balls
1 Min Max 1.5 Pood KB Walking lunges
1 Min 2 Pood KBS
-1 Min Rest-

I really liked this set up.  We each started on a different movement and all rested at the same time.  The walking lunges were new and brutal.  Great WOD.  In the morning we met up with Mikko and did some squatting:

5 sets x 5 Front Squat
315 x 5
315 x 4 (FAILED 5)
305 x 5
305 x 5
305 x 5

Was feeling it in the quads once finished.  Dave Ulmer came in and we hit a WOD, Mikko sat out.  The set up was the same as the night before:

5 Rds
1 Min Max 30# Med Ball Slam
1 Min Max 95# Axel Bar Clean and Jerk
1 Min Max Distance Farmers Walk 115-135# on each side
-1 Min Rest-

-2 Min Rest-

2 Min 95# Barbell hold

Again we did not keep reps....but I will say the grip was shot at the end.  The barbell hold was awesome and I had to drop once took about 5 sec and picked it back up.....horrible on the shoulders!  We went and got lunch and then came back for more:

2 Rds
1 Min Max Calorie Row
1 Min Max GHD Sit ups
-1 Min Rest-
1 Min Max calorie Row
1 Min Max 35# DB squat clean thrusters
-1 Min Rest-

AGAIN, no reps kept track of but my calories were 27-27-26-25.  Then we did something stupid and painful:

5 Rds
:20 L-Sit hold on Rings
-:40 Rest-

Rds 4 and 5 I broke at about :15 sec on 4 and then :10 on the final Rds

This was the end and the part after lunch was just Dan and I.  I ended up heading home and then woke up taught the class and then Alex Griff came down from Chicago to hit some WODs with me.  We had a packed day:

5 Rep Deadlift
435 x 5

Started over my 5 rep last week at 425, next week 445 x 5.  After this:

8 Min AMRAP
2 Squat cleans 245#

Failed in Rd 4 and dropped to 235 and then failed after 5 and dropped to 225# to finish.  On this WOD he did 2 reps I did 2 and we kept switching.  Your rest was there work.  A good WOD and the quads were on fire.  Next:

Main Site
25 GHD
1 MU
20 GHD
2 MU
15 GHD
3 MU
10 GHD
4 MU
5 GHD
5 MU

My time
5:54

I was not able to go unbroken on all the GHD's, and I broke up my 5 MU 2-3.....I am not sure why, I just dropped for some reason.  Not a very fast time, but ok for how I was feeling....then:

We did a WOD from the competition we are hosting on Saturday....I cannot post it but it was a great one!  Take my work on it.  Finally:

5 Rds
MU to 10 Ring Dips
30 ft down and back 45# Overhead plate walking lunge
30 Hammer swings 12# (15 each arm)

My time
9:46

This took a lot longer then I thought it would.  All in all a great day and few days!  Getting better!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment