Monday, September 9, 2019

The most important thing we don't talk about

I have wanted to write about this for a long time.  It is something I feel is important.  It impacts all of our lives and, in my opinion, can change the trajectory of a persons life with just a little knowledge.  I by no means am an expert surrounding money, but will chat with anyone willing.  I want to talk about it with everyone.  Unfortunately, there is an underlying theme surrounding money making it tabu to initiate a conversation with someone about finances without it being awkward.

I understand how hard this is for people, heck it used to be hard for me.  What I realized is, the more people know about money, how it works for them, that they have choices, and that they can make money work for them not only work for it.

The more a person feels trapped, has a lack of knowledge, lack of money, or just doesn't understand it the more they hide from the conversation.  I want to change that.   There are a lot of "Guru's" out there already preaching about this and some great individuals helping.  I guess I just want to be another voice.  Being an Entrepreneur who has gone from barely getting by to having multiple businesses hoping something blows up.  Being an athlete trying to win more money, and increase sponsorship income.  I understand that lack of money can stress you out.  But, the abundance of it can do the same.  It is the knowledge in the lack of money and in the abundance that allows for the stress to lesson.

I would love to be an open platform to discuss this.  How to go from less to more, how to be content with where we are and realize with a little knowledge there are amazing options out there to help increase your savings.  You don't have to live paycheck to paycheck.  But, the biggest thing that has to be done is to openly talk about where you are.

I love to think about this, because we are always looking for secrets and quick answers.  Here is one of the best secrets out there.  An area where FREE knowledge is given out abundantly is inside people.  When you open up, they open up and we find out that we are all more alike than we are different.  That is a beautiful thing, I have never talked to someone who was willing to open up about money and left feeling like we are both worse off.  Sometimes its uncomfortable uncovering things, but you leave having choices.  Continue or change.

I am not sure where all of this will go, but hopefully to some good conversations or at least me getting to write about.  I am interested to see where this goes...

NU


No comments:

Post a Comment