Monday, August 12, 2019

Not Calling it a Comeback

First, I am not a writer.  I have never tried to be nor will I ever say I am.  I do though have a lot to say...for better or worse.  Writing is just a form of getting it out with know one stopping me.

I used to write my workouts on here almost daily, and it is insane seeing how far I have come.  I had many dreams when I started this back in 2009.  I accomplished many and failed at many more.  I recently won the 35-39 Year Old Age Group CrossFit Games.  I am very proud of this, yet it was a big change from the Individual Open Division I had been at 3 times previously.

This post is not about that though, instead a proud thought as I reminisce about the years I used to write on here.  I would love to get back to posting more workouts and talking about things I love that don't get shown on Social Media.  I hope I will continue writing, but if not at least I wrote this post.

I am trying to take some time to relax; my mind is fighting back and forth whether to train...or rest.  I took off a solid 4 days after the Games and have done minimal work (compared to my normal volume) since.

Today:
Ran 4 Mile in a 20# Vest
My Time:
Had my watch, but listened to a book and stayed at a 9 Min pace after the first mile where I was about  8:40...I love listening to books and podcasts.


Not For Time:
100 Strict Press 75# with a pause at the top.

Thats it!  Showered and decided to do some work then pull this old thing up, dust it off, and see it it still works!  Logged in and here we are.  One thing I will add on here, if I continue writing, will be money/savings related, training, self-talk, Nickism's (basically random thoughts that may or not make sense, but I'd still love to share).  Let' see if I make it back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment