Friday, February 21, 2014

Open Starts Next week

I am really excited for this year.  I have been following Hyperfit Programming from Doug Chapman. It has been good to not have to focus on what to do everyday and be able to focus on moving more efficiently.  I am going to try to post a lot of what I am doing up until the Open and Regionals again like I have done in the past.

Wednesday:

with the class
Death by Snatch 135#
-1 min rest-
Death by C&J 135#

-then-

1 Rep Hang Clean: stopped at 305#

E:30 Hang squat clean x 30
used 275#

-next-

5 Min AMRAP
3 Bar MU's
7 Burpees

7 Rds + 1 Bar MU

-Next-

7 Min AMRAP:
21 Snatch 95#
21 Back Squats 95#

2 + 16 Snatch

I was really lazy on this one and could have gone a lot harder

In the afternoon I decided to so the Bar MU WOD again:

5 Min AMRAP:
3 Bar MU's
7 Burpees

7 + 5 Burpees

Close to 8 this time if I could have only moved faster!

Yesterday was a rest day:

Rowed 5000 Meters: 
21:17

I stopped a few time for a phone call and checking on my daughter

At the Box:
Dynamic Deadlift EMOTM:
2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
315# with Green bands.

Went for speed on this.  Just trying to get a good rest day in

It is much tougher to train now a days, yet i train harder then I have ever trained.  I currently run 061, train, and stay home full time with my 7 month old daughter so I am very busy and have to use any time I get to be with my family and train.  Setting my priorities is huge.  I recently sat down with my wife had a heart to heart and tried to plan out a realistic plan of when I can train so that I can spend any free time with them, tough considering how bad I want to make it to the Games & Crush them!  So excited to do what I love!!

NU




No comments:

Post a Comment