Thursday, May 30, 2013

2013 Central East Regional

I am sitting at home reflecting on what will be happening next weekend.  I will be heading to Columbus, Ohio next Thursday for the 2013 Central East Regional.  Wow!  This will be my 4th year competing.  Amazing how just five years ago I thought my athletic career was over.....that was before CrossFit, I feel it will never end now.

2010: Failed to qualify out of Sectional
2011: Made it to the Games
2012: 6th at the Central East Regional
2013: ?

My goal is to make it back to the CrossFit Games, which can become stressful at times.  Making you crazy at times.  I always wonder how I will feel as Regionals, a major purpose of my year round training, approach and where I will be mentally.

As I sit here now I am calm and excited.  Excited because CrossFit has allowed an outlet that I thought did not exist 5 years ago.  An outlet that has allowed relationships to be built, helped me with the ability to grow health and wellness in my community, allowed me to test myself in all modalities, and turned in to a career, owner at CrossFit 061.

I used to think that if I did not make it to the Games I had failed.  When I say I am calm, I am calm in that I know that is not true.  I have succeeded in so many ways that if The CrossFit Games ceased to exist, my outlet would not.  I would continue to push myself, grow my community, and continue to push for a successful career in CrossFit.  I am content in knowing that I have done all I can, pushed, and allowed myself to grow as an individual.

I am excited at another opportunity to test my training methods.  To see where I can continue to grow and to see how far I have come in a year.  I am excited to see all my friends from all over the Region and see what they have done in a year.  I LOVE CROSSFIT and that will not change, no matter if I make it to the Games, or get 48th at the Regional.  I will continue to push forever.  I am truly content...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete