Friday, June 15, 2012

Not Happening

Yesterday I wanted to go for a big 5 Rep Deadlift PR.....that just was not going to happen.  But, first I will rewind to Wednesday's training.  I started with a quick met-con before class started:

5 Rds
10 2 Pood KBS
10 Ball Slam 0#

My time
4:23

Then I did the class WOD in the afternoon:

EMOTM 8 Min
2 Heavy Thrusters

My weight
235 for every Rd

I was happy with using the weight at 235....I worked up to 245 while warming up but could never have maintained it.  Then came the WOD which was harder then it looked:

5 Rds
200 M Run
15 Wall Balls 20#
8 Med Ball sit up throws 20#

My time
9:43
_____________________________

I started the morning with:

EMOTM 10 Min
2 Touch and Go SQ Snatch 185#

I failed the first rep in my first 2 Minutes, but then settled in and felt much better going the entire way touch and go.

Next the Max deadliest attempt:

5 Rep Deadlift
475 x 1 (Did not even try to pick 2 up)

This just felt super heavy, and warming up I felt pretty good.  I guess you cannot PR every day.  I then had some time to mess around on the paralettes until the class, which again I worked out with:

21-15-9
Deadlift 275#
Pull ups

My time
4:10

My tendinitus is still getting better so I am incorporating more pulling again, and this really showed I have some work to do to get my PU's/ MU's bad up.  Good last 2 days though.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment