Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 Reebok CrossFit Games is on!

The day after the Reebok CrossFit Games Open began last year I was in a bad mental place.  My CrossFit Games dream was, what I thought at the time, was over.  Needless to say I never got to do an Open WOD at 100%.  This year is different.  i am feeling Great and excited for the Open.  This is a fun time!  I am not to worried about where I place in the Open even though I would like to be at the top.  This is more of a prep for Regionals May 11-13......that date is circled on the calender.  As far as this years Open, I cannot contain myself.  I will be doing the WODs Thursday morning because I cannot sit back and wait.  not my plan.  I will wait to post my times though because my wife said so.  I love the first WOD,  I hate it just as much though because it puts you in a BAD place....but that is CrossFit!  You never know and putting yourself in those places teaches you a lot about yourself.  I learned a lot this morning....such as.....7 Minutes is a long time to do burpees and not stop!  I do wish that this was last year though because I was doing burpees every night!  I have backed off on that and it showed in capacity but my efficiency is still there.  I will be posting my video on here this week.

Now to training:

Reebok CrossFit Games Open WOD 12.1
7 Min AMRAP
Burpees

My score
132

It got hard real fast and all I kept saying was KEEP MOVING, once you stop it is over and the score will plummit.  So I did just that and kept plugging away.  It was much harder then it used to be when I did burpees ALL THE TIME.....there was a reason.  To remind me how much easier something is when you do it all the time.  Then I did:

Deadlift
405 x 4
415 x 4
435 x 2

Then I got a call that Jada was sick and I needed to pick her up.  So I grabbed her, we ate, playeed and then she went for a nap.  While napping I did:

Deadlift
405 x 2
435 x 2
465 x 1 (PR)
485 x 1 (FAILED)

I wanted to do some more deadlifting when I got home.  465 felt good but my back was to tired for 485.  Happy to PR.....500# by Regionals!!!!  After this came:

5 Rds
10 Strict Dips
10 Lunges 135# Barbell

My time
5:22

Good WOD!  Back was tight when it was all over.  Later on in the afternoon I did:

Death By KBS
2 Pood

My score
15 Rds + 10

I was feeling pretty good but my daughter started crying so I had to go tend to her.  I would not have got a whole lot farther though.  Good day and I am excited for the rest of the Open and to get better throughout.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment