Friday, January 20, 2012

First Globo gym WOD....found a Partner

As always when I am in a "Globo" gym, I get a lot of questions.  Before i get to that, I started the morning off with:

Warm Up
Row

YES!!!  I was scanning the area, this place is big....and I saw....TWO Concept 2 Rowers....ran and jumped on 1 for a good warm up.  It was probably the worst machine i have used.  I looked good but needed oil, badly!  After this I headed up to an area far from authority and away from most people.  There was one kid in there.  And for the first 5 minutes he STARED at me.  He then asked, "How long have you been working out?"  I said, "Since High school."  How di you answer that question?  It developed of course into a talk about CrossFit and during the conversation I did:

3 Rep Power Clean Touch and Go
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 2

I had no chalk and was also very worried to drop the weight because it is carpet and they were metal plates.  I could have got 3 reps but I was worried about the potential of dropping the weight, especially since I was on the 2nd floor.  After the talk I was getting ready for a quick WOD and asked the kid to join in, modified of course.  He did 21-15-9 seated Row and Hand Release Push ups.  I did:

21-15-9
Power Clean 155#
Bench Press 135#

My time
5:30

The kid did it in 3:44.  I had to run out in order to get to the store and buy some stuff for the Pot Luck we were having at work.  a big snow storm is coming and everyone wanted Pita Chips and fruit.  Most of the things we have for the pot luck is actually pretty Paleo friendly.  I will be eating as much of the good stuff as possible and probably some hummus and pita chips. 

I will be getting home from work today at a decent hour and am excited to get some more work in tonight!  Get Better!
___________________________

Tonight after dinner I went downstairs and hit some Deads:

10 Rep Deadlift
275 x 10
295 x 10
315 x 10
345 x 10
375 x 10
395 x 6

I was pretty upset because 395 felt heavy but I thought I could get 10....but in the muddle of it I got a call and thought it could be something with the business so I stopped and grabbed it at 6...it may have been a saving grace though.  I was beat so up though that I went into the WOD:

5 Rds
10 Deadlifts
5 Burpees

My time
3:27

I was going to do 8 Rds but my hammies started to give out and I thought about saving myself to be able to work tomorrow instead of being completely trashed.

NU

1 comment:

  1. I have my personal Gym coacher, i will consult with him regarding these tips. Thanks.




    Gym questionnaire

    ReplyDelete