Monday, January 16, 2012

Central East Beasts!

Sorry for no posts, very busy with vacation and not a whole lot of working out happened.  Jada and I did a lot of traveling though and all my family around Florida got to meet her so I was very happy about that.  I did PR on COE though which was a big surprise! 

10 Rds
10 Thrusters 95#
10 Ring Push Ups

My time
9:40
_________

AWESOME competition at CrossFit Indy North for the Great Lakes Invitational.  This was a good early preview on our regional this year.  I think there were 90 men and somewhere around 60 women competing all bad Mo FO's....and a great bunch of people!  We had, on the mens side, the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th place finishers in the Central East competing and the 4th place finisher in the North Central.  A great review.  Overall I took 4th, and am not upset with that.  I know I am a TON better then I was last year and will only get better leading up to where it counts, REGIONALS!!!  We started the comp with:

2 Rds
20 Thrusters 45# DB
20 C2B Pull ups
20 Burpee Box Jumps 24'

My time
6:07 (2nd Place)

This was A LOTTTT Harder then it looked....head was throbbing and felt horrible for about 30 minutes.   Next was a fun one that was all about strategy:

Clean and Jerk Ladder (2nd Overall)
:90 Sec 145# Max Reps (1 point clean 1 point jerk)
-1 Min Rest-
:90 Sec 165# Max Reps (2 point clean 2 point jerk)

-1 Min Rest-
:90 Sec 185# Max Reps (3 point clean 3 point jerk)

-1 Min Rest-
:90 Sec 205# Max Reps (4 point clean 4 point jerk)

-1 Min Rest-
:90 Sec 225# Max Reps (5 point clean 5 point jerk)

2nd Place



I am not sure my reps except that I got 8 1/2 at 225#.  It was a good WOD and I kept a good pace.  I was not expecting 2nd but was excited when I saw that I got that on it.  The next WOD:

8 Min AMRAP
30 Overhead Squat 135#
100 Calorie Row

My score
147 Reps (13th Place)

Everyone who reads this knows I do not like rowing.  It did not change today.  I will say it is not as bad as it used to be but I need to get more efficient.  i got on the rower at the same time Nick Fory did and he got off when I still had 9 calories to go!!!  My rower must have been broke...or more likely I need to get more efficient.  I will work on EFFICIENCY.  Next:

5 K Run

My time
19:36 (19th Place)

I was happy with my time but not with my placing.  There were a lot of good runners.  The winner was 17 something and then 15 people were from 18:30 until me.  I was still happy with my time for the limited running I have been doing.  The next WOD was another good race between Fory and I:

For Time
30 Hand Release Push Ups
50 DU'd
160 Ft DB walking Lunge 45#
50 Du's
30 T2B
50 DU's

My time
6:47 (4th Place)

He edged me out on the G2OH!  Then the competition got crazy. There was now a cut to the top 20:

9-6-3
350# Deadlift
Wall Climbs
185# Squat Clean

My time
6:36 (4th Place)

The time is within 10 sec.  I am not sure the exact time I got. I know I beat for by a rep.  The final only messed with every ones grip even more and it was only for the top 10:

5 Rds
12 Bench press 165#
6 Squat Snatch 135#
3 Rope Climbs 16'

My time
15:47 (4th Place)

This was a blast and Fory, Stowe, and Ulmer were so fun to compete with.  There were others who would pop in but it was pretty much a fight between us with Stowe winning everything in the end and Fory being the most consistent and taking 1st place.  All are great competitors and I loved the whole thing.  Great time!  Ready to get back to training harder and smarter in prep for Regionals!!!!!!  Lets do it!

NU



1 comment:

  1. Nick,
    Your blog is such a great resource to me! I look forward to your posts all the time. Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do these. It would be nice to just get a little info on whatyour nutrition looks like. Just some brief info. Congrats on your performance! By the way I'm the guy on facebook that messaged you concerning the bumper plates and pink yoga mat that you use. Thanks and good luck bro!

    ReplyDelete