Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Day After Christmas...Regional WOD 3 = BUST!

Today we went to the box as a family because I did not have to leave for work until 11:30.  I started with my awesome Warm Up:

Row 1 K
3:47

Nice easy row...even though there is actually no easy row!  Then I talked Emmy into:

Regional WOD 3
21-15-9
315# Deadlift
Box Jump 30'

My time
6:42

Talk about bad....I was thinking I would do better then this.  I was thinking about going unbroken on my 21's but then decided to stop at 15.  I must not have been warmed up enough because it felt like 405#.  I am deciding to do this a whole lot more because it is something I need to be around 4:30 or below.  After this I did:

1 Rep Squat Clean
225 x 1
235 x 1
245 x 1
255 x 1
265 x 1
275 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
305 x 1 (FAILED)

I caught it in the squat but just continued sitting there.  I bottomed out so bad that I could not initiate any movement up and the weight fell forward.  I need to work on getting better at standing with heavier weight completely bottomed out or get a stronger front squat!  As soon as I finished the FAIL I jumped into the class WOD....literally they started the timer as I dropped it and I missed the initial :30 seconds:

EMOTM for 10 Min
Handstand Walk 15 Ft
Max Pistols with time remaining

My score
145

Score was total pistols completed.  Chels kicked my butt in this doing 174....I smoked her in the the Handstand walk and she demolished me in the Pistols.  She is a machine!  All of this was done starting at 8:30 AM and then In the car on our way home at 10:00 AM.  Fast and furious is how we do it....getting better....much better then 6:42!!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment