Sunday, November 13, 2011

Home WOD and We Challenge You Comp

I took off the last few days of training...minus some goofing around at the competition.  Which was a blast!  We only gave a week and a half notice and had about 30 competitors throw down!  It was my first competition I have been to where I did not compete and I thought it would be hard to hold myself back from not jumping in....I was wrong.....I was in awww watching everyone prep, prepare, plan and thrown down!  I never pay attention to the details behind doing something such as this.  Thanks to Brandon, Carl, and all the judges (sorry I left out names, but you know who you are) this was a hit.  We were able to keep everything in order and had a prefect itinerary.  Thanks again to everyone who helped and to those who competed......and to the CHAMPIONS!!!  Anthony Shefferly on the Mens side took 1st in every event....he may have got 2nd in one, nonetheless a dominating performance!  And on the women's side Karen Walton took 1st Overall and showed she is a true competitor!

Today I went back to work and thought about taking the day off until I got an itch for a WOD to do at home.  I decided to do one like we did in Columbus....except this time I kept track of reps:

5 Rds
1 Min Max KBS 1.5 Pood
1 Min Max 30# DB Push Press
1 Min Max Air Squats
-1 Min Rest-

My score
KBS - 29-29-30-26-26
PP    - 33-33-32-30-33
AS   - 40-38-38-35-42

This was a good WOD and was about not setting down the weight.  I dropped the KB in Rds 4 and 5 and dropped the push press every Rd.  Those burned from the first RD on. 

I am planning a big day tomorrow and Tuesday.  Should be fun!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment