Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lots of Deads, Thrusters, and Rope Climbs

I am calling it a day early.....I know I know.....I look for these days and consider them Gold when I get them.  But, for awhile now I have been thinking about having a long rest period.  I feel this is the perfect time to start.  I ended my training early and will be taking off the majority of the next few days to recover and come back.  I started today after the 5:30AM class:

5 Rds
15 Thrusters
15 Bar-facing burpees

My time
9:59

My hamstrings were tight right from the get go and I felt very drained.  I know I can go much faster but my intensity was down due to my body being fatigued.  It is good to hit a wall like this but when you do....be smart and back off.  My issue was I wanted to continue to get some work in before throwing in the towel:

Overhead Squat 10 Rep Max
135 x 10
145 x 10
155 x 10
165 x 10
175 x 10
185 x 10
195 x 10
205 x 10

I could have gone heavier but thought this was good.  I was training Tara this morning and she walked in, so that is my other excuse for stopping.  205 felt very easy and I felt as though I was getting stronger as the weight got heavier. In between the first 3 sets I did 20 push down with a Green band to get some accessory work in between sets...the next 3 sets I did 10 strict pull ups.  I liked this and may start throwing in mare accessory work.

About an hour after this I did:

10 Rope Climbs for time:

My time
2:32-2:40

The buzzer said 2:27 when I finished but I was told to go and realized the timer did no0t actually start until I was on my way down from the first rep making for the unknown time.

I left the box and then did some Deadlifting at home:

Work up to heavy 5 Rep
225 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 5
365 x 5
385 x 5
405 x 5

Then:

Max reps 275 Deadlift

My score
31

My back was shot so I tried to break it up into small quick sets but that did not work.  I like this cash out.  This is the second time doing it and I like it best for deadlifting because this is my weakest lift.  I will continue working on it and get better.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment