Thursday, October 27, 2011

"Lipson" and Back Squats EMOTM

Today I decided to do "Lipson", the Again Faster WOD 3.  I was hoping to do well but then something happened:

21-15-9
Back Squat 185# (Taken from the ground)
KBS 1.5 pood

My time
3:30

The only problem was I only did 20 Back Squats on my first Rd!  Idiot!!!!  The nice thing is I get to do it again and try to beat my time....probably not for awhile though, and I will tell you why in a bit.  Next I did a WOD with weighted MU's....my first weighted MU WOD!  I learned a lot from it:

8 Min AMRAP (wearing 25# weighted vest)
2 MU's
10 Deadlift 185#

My score
6 Rds + 3 Deads

It took me awhile to get the hang of the MU's in a vest....actually my 2nd Rd of Mu's took me 1:30 to get 2!  Fortunately I got the hang of it and went unbroken the rest of the way (With a lot of rest in between the unbroken sets.)  Nonetheless something else to add to my training.  Next I did the class:

1 Rep Shoulder Press Max
175 x 1
185 x 1
195 x 1 (FAILED)
195 x 1 (FAILED)
195 x 1

It took me a few tries but I got it.  It is all about bar placement and keeping it close to you and getting your head through instead of pressing with an arched back.  I was happy!  Next was a fun WOD:

Box WOD
Tabata Push Press 75 #
Tabata Ring Rows

My score
132 PP
46 RR

I was shot on the Ring Rows and had nothing left after Rd 2.  I think I averaged 3-4 reps each interval after my first few.  Loved the Push Presses!!!  I decided to now go heavy.  I saw Blair Morrison has been doing a lot of EMOTM heavy sets until failure of until 20 Minutes.  I have done a few of these but today was the heaviest I have went:

85% 1 Rep Max Back Squat (345# - last heavy 1 rep I did was 405#)
2 Back Squat EMOTM for 20 Minutes or FAILURE

My score
15 Rds + 1 rep

On my 16th Rd I started to fall forward on rep 2 and completely lost it!  I was so close and upset.  I do not get to squat heavy very often because I train alone so much so it was nice to have someone spot me on this.  I was smart (not normal of me) to call someone out to spot me once I was past Rd 10.  I felt strong still but was moving slower with bar.  Something to work on and get better with as long as I have spotters.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment