Sunday, October 9, 2011

Late Night Work...AGAIN

When I got home last night I had to head over the my wife's Grandparents...I ate and then took the little girl home and she PASSED out in the back seat.  To bad I left to early.  Her grandparents live north of Notre Dame and I am just south of Notre Dame.....and they had a home game.  So....instead of getting home at a decent hour I sat in football traffic all night.  By the time I got home I did not want to do a WOD, so I decided to get ready and go to bed so I could wake up early and go to the Box.  Then my better judgement kicked in.....GO IN THE BASEMENT AND DO A WOD!  "OK"  I said.....then I did it:

10 min AMRAP
7 Squat Clean 95#
10 Hand Release Push ups

My score
11 Rds + 1 Sq Clean

My lower back was on fire and I was hating the last few Rds on this.  I do many variations of this WOD and really felt the strongest I have ever felt on the push up portion.  Problem is I went all unbroken on them and kept coming back to the bar to quickly, which made me want to look at it instead of pick it up.  GOOD WOD overall.

This morning I woke up a little later then I wanted but still was able to make it to the Box for some good work.  I started with this weeks You Challenge:

You Challenge WOD
1 MU
10 Lunges
15 DU's

My score
18 + 5 lunges

This was fast and furious.  I had it set up like an obstacle course.  A box to step up for the MU since I have them hanging 1 foot out of reach and a circle to get to the rope right in from of the rings.  What I finished this I did some Snatch work:

1 Rep Power Snatch Max
135-145-155-165-175

3 Rep Power Snatch
175-185-195(F)-195(2)

I was in to much of a hurry to do the 5 rep Squat Snatch.  I have to make a living...so next was to ROW!

3 Rds
500 M Row
10 burpees

My time
7:50

I pulled at around a 1:46-1:50 the entire time and moved at a snails pace on the burpees.  I NEED to row more so like I said every time I am in the Box I will ROW! 

Then:

Tabata
Dead Hang from pull up bar
Did not drop

Jeremie Page suggested this to me in an e-mail and I liked it. The last 2 Rds were brutal though and I had to find a happy place to hang on. I appreciate this. I had done some dead hangs, but tabata was worse then what I was doing. Thanks.

This was my first time back in since the Again Faster Challenge.  I will be in more this week since I do not have to go in to work until late Monday and I am off work on Tuesday and Wednesday.....so I am foaming at the mouth to train HARD......If I am lucky i will get some work in tonight as well.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment