Tuesday, October 11, 2011

1 of 2 Off Days (FROM WORK THAT IS)

Today is the first of my two days off of work and boy am I excited.  I got up early and coached the class which happened to be a run....so I joined in because only 3 people showed:

5 K Run

My time
24:18

I actually paced a guy training for the seals.  I stayed at a comfortable pace until about 400M left when I kicked it in and told him to keep up!  This is going to be used as a benchmark for my Box runs, even though I know I should go much faster next time.  After the WOD I came home to let Chels head off to a training class and then dropped Jada off at school.  Then back to the Box.  I started with the Again Faster WOD 2:

8 Min AMRAP
3 Snatch Complex 125# (Power Snatch, Hang Snatch, Hang Squat Snatch)
3 Wall Climbs

My score
5 Rds + 2 Complex

I am not a gamer of WODs, instead I just go.  But, there are some WODs you look at and just know that you will not be able to go full go the entire time.  This is one of those WODs.  The weight is light, but the standards are you have to finish a complex without dropping the bar or failing a rep or else you start back over.....and anyone who has done wall climbs knows how brutal they are.  So, I hit a pace and stuck with it.  I will do this one again for the comp next week.  Next:

7 Min AMRAP
3-6-9-12.....Ladder
Overhead Squat 95#
Pull ups

My score
18 + 18 OHS

The set of 21 OHS was rough....my back got real tight.  After this Chels contacted me and asked me to go to lunch with her, so I did.  When I got back to the Box I did:

Main Site
Front Squat 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

205-225-245-265-275-285-295-305-315-325

My legs were TIRED by this point.  I did not feel like I had done a whole lots but my legs said otherwise.  I decided to stop at 325 even though it felt the same as 275...which is not saying much considering that was real tough for me.  I decided to call it a day at the box and head home to mow the lawn.

Once the chores were done, Chels was home, and Jada was asleep it was time to try my 50 burpees in my vest with all the weight....at least 40#:

50 Burpees (40# vest)

My time
2:37

Sucked....nuf said

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment