Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You Challenge WOD....NASTY!


Above is the You Challenge WOD.  As you can see it was less then enjoyable....but as always I am thankful to be able to do this!  I love CrossFit!

I coached the class and then jumped into training.....though I am still completely trashed in my upper back from all the weighted pull ups.  So.....why not do some strength with my upper back!  Lets do it:

1 Rep Snatch
215 x 1
225 x 1 (FAILED)

I had this easy but could not lock it out and stand.  I was very fatigued even though I only went on a 20 minute run with Jada yesterday (it could have been the donuts...not sure)

1 Rep Squat Clean
265 x 1
285 x 1

Again, easy getting up but I did not want to stand.  I think I was pulling to hard and riding it down, bottoming out and then trying to stand.  I need to stay active in the bottom.  Then came the You Challenge Wod I have been holding back from:

You Challenge
8 Squat Clean Thrusters 155#
10 Box Jumps 30'
12 Hand Release Push Ups
14 Pull ups

My score
6 Rds + 4 Box Jumps

This was brutal.  I was really dreading those Squat Clean Thrusters...and the box jumps were rough coming in after the thrusters.  I REALLY liked it though and will be saving this for future WODs.  Next was a WOD I was told to do by Mike Dieme:

Mike Dieme's WOD
500 M Row
50 DU's
50 Thrusters Oly bar
400 M Row
40 DU's
40 Thrusters
300 M Row
30 DU's
30 Thrusters
200 M Row
20 DU's
20 Thrusters
100 M Row
10 DU's
10 Thrusters

My time
17:41

I was not happy with my time...
A)  I had to use someone elses jump rope which SUCKED! 
B) the first 50 DU's took FOREVER because of the rope...
C) I hated the rope....
D) I do not like light thrusters...they hurt....
E) I do not like to Row. 

Enough said!  Next I played around with my weighted vest and then did:

10 Rope Climbs for time 15 ft

My time
2:37 (PR)

PR by :13.....I was happy with this but still know I can go much faster.  I am planning another WOD and my 50 burpees still today.  We will see what it will be.....and this weekend is the Life as RX competition in Chicago which will be a blast.  First competition for my wife!

TONIGHT

5 Rds
10 burpees
10 KBS 2 Pood

My time
4:45

Tiring!  A good one though.

 
NU

No comments:

Post a Comment