Saturday, September 17, 2011

You Challenge WOD

I started the day by sleeping in!  Always nice to do that...this seems to be more of the usual now.  I am trying to get my sleep before I start cranking on the training to build up for Regionals and waking up really early.  I went to the Box with Chels and started with this weeks You Challenge WOD:

3 Rds
5 MU's
10 Deadlift 315#
50 M Burpee Broad Jump

My time
8:08

The deadlifts were the worst part on Rds 2 and 3.  I flew through the burpees on Rd 3 to just get done with it.  Plus knowing the time to beat is 8:29 helps you go faster at the end.  This was a good WOD but I wanted to go unbroken on the deads but I had to break up the last 2 sets.  After this I did Clean and Jerks:

1 Rep Max Clean & Jerk
305#

I did this with a power clean.  I actually jerked it 3 times because I failed the first 2 time but was able to catch it in the rack and finish the lift.  I was excited to say the least.  I taped it but am not able to get it off my phone until I get home to my computer. I plan to take the rest of the day off and count the burpee broad jumps as my burpees.  Yesterday it took me 1:39 to do my 50 burpees.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment