Monday, September 19, 2011

WODs that Break You Down

Today was a good day of training and a good day overall. My wife got a new job and I felt horrible during a few WODs, which is a good thing, I need to be broken down every once in awhile. I started with heavy push press:

3 rep push press
225 x 3
235 x 3
245 x 3
250 x 1 (failed 2nd rep)

Then I did a WOD sent to me from Brian Yoak:

The Break Me Down WOD
15 squat clean to thruster 155#
9 MU
30 GHD sit ups
12 Sq thruster
12 MU
30 GHD
9 Sq Thruster
15 MU
30 GHD

My time
21:06

I felt like I was moving at a snails pace and it showed, which I already know, that I need to work on high rep MU and GHD. I went home and did my 50 burpees:

50 burpees

1:43

This was slow as well. I could feel the fatigue in my legs. I came back to the Box to do another thing Brian recommended:

1 rep Max weighted pull up

My weight
110
120 (FAILED)

Since I was at the Box....why not another WOD. This isonethat has been on my radar for awhile but have never fit it in until today.

Main Site
4 Rds
400 M run
15 Thrusters
15 pull ups

My time
11:19

I broke my thrusters 10-5 in the last 2 Rds, unbroken on the pull ups, and my last 2 runs were SLOW. I could have used a push on this one. Having someone there to go against would have had the feeling of quiting leave my mind. Main site has a way of getting WODs to sneak up on you. Love it!!!!

NU

M

No comments:

Post a Comment