Monday, September 12, 2011

Lots of Deads

Went to the Box today and decided to go with the class since they were doing the Open WOD 1. But first we started with some Snatches:

2 Rep Max Snatch in 15 Min
205 x 2
215 x 2
225 x 1 (FAILED 2) 

225 felt really light but when I came back up on rep 2 my left arm gave out when I tried to stand,  I was upset.....but happy at the same time for it to feel so light.  Next came the WOD:

10 Min AMRAP
30 DU's
15 Power Snatch 75#

My score
7 or 8 Rds + 10 DU's

I am upset because at the end I started to try to go faster and lost track of where I was at for my Rds.  I felt like I was going at a decent pace, but I cannot remember what I had.  So, I am saying 7 Rds but knowing it could be 8.  This means I have to do this again soon and have video or a judge.  I wanted to get some more work in before leaving but we had errands to run......so when I got home:

5 Rds
15 Deadlifts 225#
10 Burpees

My time
8:36

This one was horrible.....and when I looked at it on paper I thought it would be horrible.  If it looks bad on paper you have to do it.  I was breaking my deads up a lot at the end and that made me want to work on higher rep deadlift WODs. 

I am hoping to get a nice bike ride in with Jada....nothing crazy but a nice 30-45 min ride to take her around Notre Dame.  Then I wil hit my Burpees.  Sometimes if I do a WOD with 50 burpees I will count it....but since I just started the 50 days I am doing the 50 separate tonight.

Is anyone going to take on the 50 day challenge?

Get better!

NU

2 comments:

  1. Hey man.
    We have a similar training style. You said you like high rep deadlift workouts. One workout that I have done was 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of deadlift 225 and burpees. How does that look on paper?! Give it a try next time you want a high rep deadlift wod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by your posts I am doing the 50 burpees for 50 days. My times are a lot slower than yours.

    ReplyDelete