Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Busy Few Days

I have had a busy few days with some good training throughout.  Unfortunately I am unable to use my phone meaning unable to post from my phone so I had to wait to get to a computer.  On Thursday I had a short day of training:

Thursday

10 Rope Climbs for time

My time
3:09 (PR)

Max pull ups
40

Max T2B
29

That night:

Deadlift 5 Rep
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 3

Worked up to 405#.  Next week 415 x 5.  This felt light and I am wondering how high I will be able to go until I fail.  We will see in the coming weeks.
Yesterday we traveled down to Indy and i was able to get some good training in:

15 min AMRAP
5 MU's
15 GHD

My score
7 Rds + 1 MU

This was a WOD I heard Mikko talk about on a video so I had to try.  Next I snatched:

1 Rep Snatch
205 x 1
215 x 1
225 x 1 (FAILED)
235 x 1 (FAILED)

I failed a few times at 225# and figured why not move up to 235# and see what happens,  Well.....I failed 2 times at that weight.  The next WOD was when a Doug Schultz came into the box and did a WOD with me:

"COE"
10 Rds
10 Thrusters 95#
10 Ring push ups

My time
10:25

I was really surprised by Doug.  he had gotten much better at CrossFit and it was good to have a push from him.  Helped me maintain my pace.  Makes me wish I had a partner to train with more.  After the WOD we did heavy Front Squats:

Front Squat 3 Rep
275 x 3
295 x 3
305 x 3

The 305 felt heavy after the thrusters.  The day ended there and then this morning I woke up at my brothers house and did:

Tabata Sprints
12% Incline
8 MPH

It has been awhile since I have done these and wanted to get a feeling for where I was instead of jumping into a real fast speed.  Do not get me wrong.....This hurt!  Yesterday was a great day of training after a busy day at work with little time on Thursday.  Today I have a wedding so I will not get much in either but with a few days off from work I see some good training in my future.  I am very excited to get better!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment