Friday, September 16, 2011

Ann Arbor Comp Triplet and lots of Squats

I wanted to hit a body weight heavy met con today.  So I pulled out a WOD from Ann Arbor at a Comp Doug Chapman held.  I was able to go into work late today so I slept in and was able to get to the Box. I started with the Met con:

12 Min AMRAP
9 T2B
15 Hand Release Push ups
21 Air Squats

My score
9 Rds + 1 Push up

When I did this at the comp it was after a lot of deadlifting and I got 9 Rds + 5 T2b.  So I bested it by 6 reps.  I went unbroken on the T2B.....the push ups were the worst part as high rep push ups are in most WODs....and the air squats were easy it was just a matter of how fast I could move.  After the WOD I did a Main Site WOD from a week or so ago with Chels:

OHS Squat 1-1-1-1-1
Front Squat 1-1-1-1-1
Back Squat 1-1-1-1-1
\
My weights
OHS: 265-285-295(PR)-305(F)-305(F)-305(F)
FS: 305-315-325-335-345-355(F)
BS: 355-365-355-355-355

I really wanted the 305 Overhead squat and stood up with it on the 2nd attempt but did not hold ot steady and it dropped so I could not count the rep.....plus I taped it and you could tell I was loosing it at the top.  The Front Squat I was hoping for a PR which is currently 345, but that did not happen.  I only stood about 6 inches before dumping it.  I had my usual problem with Back Squatting......no spotter.  After I hit 365 I just did not feel safe going up in weight without a spotter so i went with 355 and hit the reps pretty quickly between each other.  This took awhile so we went home and I got ready for work. 

At lunch I went out to the park and did another Main Site WOD:

5 Rds
35 DU's
200 M Run

My time
5:46

I did this on the edge of a parking lot and then ran in the grass down and back after walking out 100M.  Not sure how accurate it was.  after seeing the time of 4:30 on Main Site I assumed sub 5.  I think i ran to far or that guy is FAAASSSTT!  Either way it was a good WOD.  I plan to hit my burpees tonight and then call it a night.  Good day, Back is tightening up now from yesterday and all the squats.  Love when you get sore in places that you haven't been sore in for a long time.  All in getting better!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment