Friday, September 2, 2011

31 Heroes WOD

Selfish: devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.


it is hard to not be selfish. We want the best for ourselves....in life, career, socially, interpersonally, etc.... Most people are in many ways very selfish. I am on the list...but....I try to not be as much as possible. Today was a day to be as selfless as possible. This is possible by starting the day off with a WOD devoted to people who are selfless.

Selfless: having little or no concern for oneself, especially with regard to fame, position, money, etc.; unselfish.

It is hard to be selfless...and being selfless is what many men and women do who step out in uniform for this country. And for some they pay the ultimate price to help allow ME to be selfish by protecting the things that allow me to be that way.

The 31 Heroes WOD will be done by many people tomorrow as a tribute to those serving and those who lost their lives serving. My schedule did not permit me to be involved in this WOD tomorrow so I decided to do it on my own. It was meant to be a partner WOD but I did it as an AMRAP:

31 Heroes
31 Min AMRAP
8 Thrusters 155#
6 Rope Climbs 15 ft
11 Box Jumps 30'
400 M run w/ 45# Sand Bag

My score
4 Rds

This was slow and brutal. The rope climbs took a long time and I stared a the rope a lot. I started my last run at just over 2 minutes and had a goal of making it back before the time. All I kept thinking about was why I was doing this.....hard to put into words what this meant in the moment.....but I came flying in the door at the buzzer! It felt great! This WOD was a perfect dedication WOD!

Thank you to all who have served, are serving, and will serve!

NU

1 comment:

  1. I just got back last night from 5 days in San Diego, CA. I was at the MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) for the graduation of my brother in-law. It was an extremely motivating visit and will put new meaning into every Hero WOD I do from now on. I only got to work out one day while in CA. I PR'd my "Amanda" and did another chipper at CF East Village. (since Invictus is "exclusive") 3 rest days later I have big plans for today. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete