Friday, August 5, 2011

Hitting the Ground Running

Last night I got home late and decided to work on Hand Release Push ups.  This was the worst part of the 1st WOD at the Games and I realized I need to practice high reps at this standard.  i did:

5 Min Max Hand Release Push ups

My score
98

Brutal......I can do regular push ups but this took it to another level.  I always thought hand release was easy until I did this.  I liked it!!!
______________________________________

One thing I really want to work on is my grip strength and getting more efficient at skill movements.  I started today with rope climbs and then went into:

5 Rds Max Pull up Hang (1 Min Rest between sets)

My times
1:01
1:03
:58
:38
:50

This was great on the grip and I plan to start incorporating many things like this into my training.  After this I did the class with Chels:

 5 Rds
400 M Run
15 Hang Squat Snatch 95#

My time
14:21

This was a good WOD but in the later Rds my clip kept falling off and I had to reset my bar.  Other then that it was great.  I ran a little slow but felt good overall.  I am excited to get better and take my training and ability to the next level.  I plan to do something tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment