Sunday, July 17, 2011

Training with Friends

I had a buddy come up from Indy (Doug Schultz with his 2 brothers) to train.  This is the 2nd time since Regionals that he has been up.  It is nice to get with someone and train.  We started with a Main Site WOD that had a twist:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Paralette HSPU (45# DB used on 10# plates, he did HSPU)
Pull ups (not strict)

My time:
14:57

This was horrible and in the later Rds I was coming off the wall and counting the reps, that was rough.  he beat me by about a minute or so.  Nice to have someone to chase even though I could not move any faster.

Then I did:

OHS Max
265#
295# Failed

Shoulders were recked and it made stability in the squat non-existent.  I jumped right into:

Front squat Max
315#
335# FAILED

I was not feeling this.  So I ended it at the Fail.  Next we did an AMRAP from AF WODs online:

5 Min AMRAP
9 Back Squat 155#
7 burpees
5 Push Jerk 155#

My score
4 Rds + 9 BS

Just realized this was a 6 Min AMRAP and not a 5 which makes sense how I lost by almost a Rd from my previous score.  I feel much better now.  Then we went into a Regional WOD from 2009:

21-15-9
Deadlift 275#
C2B

My time
5:43

This one felt good and the Deads were not as bad as I thought they would be.  The only problem was I was not warmed up  enough and had to rest after the 21 Deads because I was so tight I could not jump up on the pull up bar right away.  We finished the session with:

100 DU's for time
:52 sec

I have to work now and then will hit another session tonight.  Less then 2 Weeks and it BEGINS!!!!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment