Saturday, June 18, 2011

Training Partner

I train very early and mainly alone.  Not how I would like it....but it is how it is.  Today though I had a buddy come up with his brother to train with me.  We had a good day and it was nice to have a extra push with someone around.  We started out with the You Challenge WOD I came up with this week:

You Challenge
12 Min AMRAP
5 Clean & Jerk
7 Burpees
9 Front Squat 155

My score
6 Rds + 4 Clean & Jerk

You use the same bar in this WOD and take the weight from the ground.  After Rd 2 i was breaking up all the front squats 5-4 and I dropped every rep on the clean and jerk.  You just gut the burpees out.  After this we did Max Snatch:

Squat Snatch
225
235 Failed

I thought I had 235, but it just was not happening today.  Next:

Isabel

My time
1:57

This was tough and I really felt it in the legs.  We finished it with a horrible WOD:

5 Deadlift 315
25 MU's
10 Deadlift 315
50 Thrusters 95
15 Deadlift 315
50 GHD

My time
18:49

This WOD was brutal and the Deads were hard coming off the MU's because your hands were tender.  Overall it was a good day and great to have someone to train with.  I am hoping to get out to some boxes and train with some different people. I am planning to do another WOD later tonight at home.....I may not do burpees since they were in my WOD, but you never know!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment