Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rest Day

I challenged misled months back to do 50 Burpees for 50 days and I would say it was a success.  I did it much longer then the 50 days as well....actually up until I broke my collar bone I did them almost religiously.  I have done them off and on since recovering from my injury and decided last night to make it a ritual again, while sometimes doing KBS right after the burpees.  My wife said she would start doing them with me as well....except 25.  Last night:

50 Burpees
1:38

Chels
25 Burpees
1:31

This morning I slept in until 6:30 and then took Jada on a run.  We ran to the river and stopped a few minutes and then went to the park and I did some pull ups as she was so excited to watch this.  I have not taken her on very many runs this summer but I plan to make this a father daughter ritual seeing how much she enjoyed it.  We ran for 19:43 at a comfortable pace and stopped the clock at our 2 destinations.  It was a blast.

When I got home I did Yoga and then:

Tabata V-ups
14-12-11-10-10-10-10-10

And then I relaxed and headed off to work.  I am hoping to have a nice night with my wife (Chels) when i get off and we can relax together.....and on a very happy note my Mom is here from Florida and will be arriving tomorrow night from being in Indy at my brothers for the last few days.  It will be a blast seeing her and my little brother who I haven't seen in over 1.5 years.  VERY EXCITED!

I am planning to get up early tomorrow and hit a full load of work in the AM....head to work....and then hang with the FAMILY!  Getting better and enjoying life....I am so BLESSED beyond words!!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment