Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Great Family Times

My mom and little brother came to visit us this week.  They arrived late Sunday and are leaving later today.  I am grateful that I was able to take off work for the 2 days they were in town.  It was very busy and I mentally prepared myself for lower training volume and took it as a time to recover.  On Monday they came to the class and we did:

100 Hang Power Clean 135# (Scaled up from 95#)
EMOTM 3 Burpees (start with 3 burpees)

My time
6:56

Then I did:

1 Rep Front Squat Max
345# (20# PR)
365# FAILED

That night:

5 Rep Max Deadlift
325x 5
345x 5
375x 5
395x 5
395x 5

This was the first time that I ever did 395 x 5.  I was pumped and it felt pretty easy. Unfortunately that is all the weight I have at home.

later Chels, my little Brother, and I did:

50 Burpees
50 KBS 2 Pood

My time
4:49

I was hurting after this and was ready for bed.  The next morning I got up before everyone and went to the box to teach and then train....started with:

Sandbag Sprints - 5 bags
sprint 1 bag 40 M run back and repeat until all the bags are on the other side.  Then sprint down and back and then repeat the other direction.

I did not have a clock on this but it was a fun horrible WOD.  After this I did:

15 Min EMOTM - 2 Power Cleans 1 Jerk
5 Min 205#
5 Min 215#
5 min 225#

I started to low and kept increasing the weight because it felt to light.  I will start heavier the next time I do something similar to this.  I will need to do a Max Clean and Jerk soon in order to find out what my current Max is.  It has been a long time since I have done this.  I then did an old WOD from AF Competitions. 

AF WOD 11
200 DU's
9000# Deadlifted
75 Thrusters 45#

My time
6:59

You can use whatever weight you want for the deadlifts and then also patrician the reps however you would like.  I did not do at all what I was expecting and was hoping to beat my last time of 6:53.  Maye next time!  I left after that and headed home to hang with the Family.  We headed out to the ZOO and then when we got home we decided to head to my Aunt's house in Valpo.  I knew I wanted to hit another WOD before we left so I had my Brother keep track of my Rds for me:

10 Min AMRAP
10 OHS 75# (Fat Bar)
10 Box Jumps 24'

My score
10 Rds + 2 OHS

I was not strict on my BJ standards.  I let myself hit the edge and press off to full extension to increase my speed.  I liked this and it had my lower back and quads HURTING!  The Fat bar also made the OHS much more difficult and it felt more like 100+ lbs.

All in all it was a good day and I plan to hit it hard again the next few days.  I lowered the volume to help recover.  Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day!

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment