Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fear of Failure

What is it about fearing to Fail.....fearing that you are not good enough, sometimes just barely and other times you fall short by leaps and bounds to where you wonder why you ever tried.  I Fear Failure like everyone.  I have millions of thoughts racing through my head.......why put in all this work only to fail......if I fail was it worth it......why?.....what next?......should I even try..........................It never ends. 

I want to know to bad though to not try......I would rather Fail then think I could have succeeded at something I know nothing about or would never step out to test.  I train for this.  I train to be the best, and if I am not I want to know, and if I am I want to know.  I train because I am scared to lose......I am scared to not try......I am scared to wonder......I want to know......and the fear of failure is not enough to stop me.  I expect to succeed......but I know I have failed a million times and I will continue to Fail.......But.....when I Succeed it is SWEET so sweet I desire it more and more......and I will Succeed.....I will Succeed.....we will just have to see when, how, and doing what.

The Central East Regional starts next Friday, 8 Regionals are almost over meaning half the Games Competitors know what they are doing July 29-31.............I want to know what I will be doing also!  I will find out........and I will do everything I can to succeed.......or everything I can to Fail without truly failing.  I know that my Failure is actually a success.  My training is not a waste.....I am better for everything I have done and am mentally stronger, physically healthier and happier because of it.  And I will continue the path......I will continue to push for total success......ultimately knowing that all Failure leads there...................................

I heard once how a man was called lucky to be rich.............he said thanks, it is not luck, you only saw what I did right.  I failed many times before I got one thing right.....before i got "lucky"  I was a failure.....but I never stopped until I got it right.......I too will NEVER stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment