Drop a Line

Question or Comments e-mail me at:

nickurankar@gmail.com

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heavy Overhead...FINALLY!

This morning NO one showed up for the class.....until 20 minutes after class started (Kate).  So, lets just say she jumped in with my training.  I started before she got the with:

Tabata Sprints
12% incline
9 MPH

Then she walked in right before I started back squatting:

EMOTM 6 Min
6 Back squat 255#

This was heavy hitting it at this pace.....felt good though to go above 225# with no pain.  I now consider myself to no longer have a broken collar bone.  Now it is in the end of the healing process....only limiting me in certain things.  After the squats we did:

6 Rds
5 Clean & Jerks 185#
30 DU's

My time
8:15

I did this the other day but was not able to jerk it.......I really felt like this was a big step forward on my road to recovery.  It was tight afterwards but  that was it.  I was going to leave after this, but had to do 1 more thing:

50 Deadlifts 145#

My time
1:09

Went unbroken and am going to keep increasing the weight by 10#.  Next week 155#.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment