Drop a Line

Question or Comments e-mail me at:

nickurankar@gmail.com

Friday, April 15, 2011

Beauty in the Squat

My first WOD back that really made me want to change what I had down on paper......and I did.  Afterwards i got to thinking about how it has been so long since doing a WOD that mentally got to me, and in the moments after I realized how quickly we forget our desires when they are easily accessible and easily doable.  I have had the desire to do WODs for weeks.....dreaming of them, hoping for them, even trying them when I shouldn't.  And here, a WOD I could do and I chickened out and backed off.  What does that say about me?  I do know ONE thing......I will not do it again.....it made me feel weaker and that it is easy to say what you will do, yet a different story to do it.  I am going to chalk it up as a mental lapse of judgement and use it as a reminder of how easy it is to feel overwhelmed and take an easier rout. 

Here is what I did:

Tabata Sprint
12% incline
8 MPH

This was my first time doing this and wanted to start off at 8 MPH instead of the 9 MPH I was doing.  It was a little easy and will jump back to the 9 MPH next time....Then:

95# Max Rep Back Squat

My score
80

Couple Min Rest Then-

95# Max Rep Hang Power Clean
36

These felt good to do....I then incorporated them into a WOD:

5 Rds
45 DU's
30-25-20-15-10 Back Squat 95#
15 Hang Power Clean 95#

My time
11:49

This was the WOD that I changed.  Originally, I had 30 Back Squat the whole way through but I realized that my legs would be fried so I dropped 5 reps each set instead.  When done I realized.....the whole point is to fry them.....why did I do that.  Weakness that is why.  Again I learned from it and will be stronger in my WODs because of it.  Still a good WOD though.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment