Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Central East Regional WOD and The ARNOLD

I taught the class this morning and had the intent of doing the Central East Regional WOD. I was able to do it.....but not the success I was hoping for:

Regional WOD
5-4-3-2-1
MU's
Bear Complex 115#

My time
5:26

My PR on this is 4:43....I was not happy with this. I keep working on MU's but I cannot seem to crack that elite time I am training for. I will continue to increase my MU work because I do not want this exercise to decrease my chances for moving on to the games. I know it is going to be a big factor in the regional and will be in at least 1 WOD. I need sub 4 on this workout. Always trying to get better.

On a side not I got an e-mail about the Arnold Classic. It seems that Friday will be a sign up day for workouts that you would like to do against Games Veterans. I am going to sign up for as many workouts as I can. They said to be careful as to how many you do, but I want to compete as much as possible. We will see what type of WODs they are.

Saturday will be FRAN and a chance to do a part of the Final Games Workouts.....then Grace at night. We will be placed in teams of 3 and compete for a chance to compete against Rogue and Again Faster. Should be an interesting set up. i am very excited for the weekend and what is to come. Always training to get better and enjoying every second of it!

I went to the Box after work to train the 7 PM class.....no plans of training myself....until I remembered Firebreather Tuesday. Then I realized about plans.....they change. We did a brutal WOD:

5 Rds
10 Burpees
30 Ft Overhead Walking Lunge 45#
7 Squat Snatches 115#
30 Ft Overhead Walking Lunge 45#

My time
10:42

Quads and mid back were fried!! Never again...haha...

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment