Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Funday Monday

I started off Monday at the 5:30Am class and we did some nice back sprints. I was unable to do the WOD as prescribed...instead I scaled it:

15 Deadlifts 225# (did not have the bar touch the ground to keep tension the whole time)
9 burpees
1 Band Sprint down/back
10 Deadlifts 225#
6 Burpees
2 Band Sprints down/back
5 Deadlifts 225#
3 Burpees
3 Band Sprints down/back

I finished somewhere in the upper 5 minute range. I was more worried about making sure my back did not tweak at all. Felt good. Before I left I messed around a little and decided to go for a PR on pull ups:

Max Pull up
38 (PR)

I never do this except to beat someone else but never to failure. My old PR was 37 so that shows I just wanted to beat that. Did a bunch of DU's as well. When I got home:

10 Min AMRAP:

7 Squat Cleans 95#
10 Push ups (Hand Release)

My Score:
10 Rds + 5 Squat Cleans

-REST 2 MIN-

Max KBS 1.5 Pood

My score:
41

I have done this before but I did not do Hand Release pull ups. This is a burner and I will keep coming back to it. I went back to the gym to teach class and before it began did Max pullups:

Max Pull ups
45 (PR)

My goal is 75 unbroken pull ups. I will begin to work on these along with my burpees and KBS. I did not do my burpees yesterday to give rest to the back. Hopefully it will be 100% soon.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment