Thursday, February 3, 2011

Executive Decisions Can be tough

I had plans today with hopes that my back was healthy.......thought wrong. I was doing the Northwest regional WOD from last year:

30 Calorie Row
30 Thrusters 95#
3 Rope climbs
30 KBS 1.5 Pood
20 Calorie Row
20 Thrusters 115#
2 Rope Climbs
20 KBS 1.5 Pood
10 Calorie Row
10 Thrusters 135#
1 Rope Climb
10 KBS 1.5 Pood

I was doing well until I hit the 135# thrusters. I did rep 3 and felt my back tweak again. I came to a crossroad.....keep going or give in to the fact that my back needs to heal with rest. I gave in....barely!

I am making an executive decision to do nothing until Monday....unless it is body weight that I feel nothing on the back by doing. I am hoping that I can be at 100% by next weekend and be done with this. I am frustrated and I am angry at myself. So close to the Crossfit open and this happens. But, I would rather compete then have to sit out for the competition because I was not letting myself heal. So.....Monday it is....and it may be longer then that if need be.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment