Sunday, January 16, 2011

Great Lakes invitational

This was an awesome even! All day Saturday we competed in 5 events to find the top athlete. There was a lot going on over the day and i met a lot of awesome people! excited for the next competition. Here is how the whole thing went down:

Event 1:

AMRAP 6 Min

8 Deadlifts 185# (rep does not count until bar hits the ground with hands still on it, no dropping)
8 Over the box jump 24'

My score:
9 Rds even (2nd Place)

-1 Min Rest-

Event 2:

Max Thruster 135#

My score:
18 (Tied 4th Place)

Event 3:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

OHS 95#
Burpess hand-release over the bar

My time:
6:14 (2nd place)

Event 4:

3 Rds
20 Back Squat 115#
20 Toes 2 Bar
20 DU's

My time:
5:51 (4nd Place)

Final Event 5:

50 Calorie Row
30 Clean & Jerk 155#
40 Calorie Row
40 Pull ups
30 Calorie Row
50 KBS 53#

My time:
16:31 (2nd Place)

Overall I finished 1st Place and had a total score of 14 points. It was an awesome event but helped me learn some gaps in my training that I can take back and work on. excited to keep training and get better.

Special thanks to my wife who made my life so easy...all I had to do was workout! She took care of our daughter...had food prepared for me....was at my beckon call....recorded everything...cheered me on....and did so much more.....she made me stay focused on track....without her it would have not been as easy for me. Thank you so much!!!! I love you and appreciate you more then you will ever know. Thank you and she did it the whole time with a SMILE on her face!!!!

NU

1 comment:

  1. nice job man...hope to see you back at class soon
    dennis

    ReplyDelete