Saturday, November 20, 2010

AirForce

Again.....the day started great and turned into frustration for me. I got up early and to the gym at 7:30 before the 9:00AM class to hit up the Again Faster WOD again and then do some extra work. I started the workout and went unbroken in to Rd 3 until I dropped the bar at thruster number 5 in that Rd. I looked at the clock......2:28....and I wanted to rest......I had a decision to make.....keep going and kill myself.....maybe not getting a better time.....or.......walk away from the Oly bar....to the camera.....turn off the camera.....and then delete the tape.....erasing all memory and evidence of the situation. I chose number 2. I did not erase the tape though.

After this I got mad. Why did I quit....what did I do that for....I did not get better by doing that. Then.....I thought why am I putting pressure on myself for a contest that should be fun. Then I talked myself down and realized that I just need to work on improving and continue having fun doing each workout once and then rooting on everyone else.....not always trying to get a better time by finding a easier way of doing something.....instead get better....and try down the road with hard work. After this revelation I decided to do some work:

Central East Regional Final WOD (minus the sled pull)

3Rds

9 Snatch 135#
18 C2B pull ups

My Time:
6:44

Then 3Rep Max Hang Clean:

135 x 3
165 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3
215 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3
245 x 3
255 x 1 (dropped the bar after 1)

After this I did:

Tabata Box Jumps:

14 (16-16-14-14-14-14-14-14)

The 9:00AM class cam in and we did the AirForce WOD. It went well.....but i think it hurt more then they and I expected it would. The class looked in pretty bad shape and I decided to end it with this. I was planning to have them run 400M sprints after....out of the question! once they finished I HAD to give it a go.

AirForce

20 Thrusters
20 SDHP
20 Push Jerk
20 OHS
20 Front Squat

Before the workout starts and every minute there after you do 4 burpees on the minute until all the work is complete.

My Time:
4:22

Fun workout and last time I did that my time was 7:14....so I was happy with my time but know I can get sub 4 next time. Other then that the day turned out well and my frustration was left in the WODs.

Day 5
1:43

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment