Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wrecked

I woke up this morning feeling wrecked! Not something I noticed immediately....no it was a slow oncoming wreck, one that when I got out of bed I thought I was just tight. I loosened up in the basement and realized I was only getting tired. This is DOMS! From below my Traps to my lower back feel like they are inflamed! With what I am not sure, feels like shards of rocks. My warm up just made it worse. I looked at what I had in front of me:

AMRAP 20 MIN (immediately changed it from 30 when I felt my back tightening)

3 Paralette HSPU (6 inches off the ground...nose to floor)
5 Burpees
7 Sit ups
9 Mountain Climbers
11 Air Squats
2 135# Power Clean (changed from squat clean...did that the first Rd and my back about gave out)

Finished 13 Rds + 3 Sit ups

Lets just say I am sitting up nice and tall right now to avoid the pain. This was a WOD I was hoping to fly through at a consistent pace....I used a consistent pace but I did not fly through it. Every time I got to the power cleans I shrieked like my little sister used to do. Not a shriek of fear.....but a shriek for the agony I new I would endure......and I only had 2 reps!

Lets just say hang cleans got thrown out of the mix for the day and I may be done!

ON the flip side found out there may be a competition in Indianapolis on the 14th of November. Excited for that. And I am signed up to get my Level 1 Cert on the 16th and 17th. Pumped for that! Then its time to start really looking into getting a box started! Wish me luck......oh....,and my back.......it is getting better.....but not in the pain free sense.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment