Friday, October 22, 2010

Weighted Vest

I realized awhile back I need to start using a weighted vest. Two problems.....the box only has one....and it will make the WOD's harder then they already are. Well, today when I arived there was a WOD that was perfect for it....a WOD I have done a few times.....and one that sucks. But before the WOD I worked on the Squat Clean to get good technique at the bottom:

Squat Clean

135# x 2
155# x 1
165# x 1
185# x 1
195# x 1
205# x 1
215# x 1
235# x 1
245# x 1
265# x 1
275# x 1 (FAILED)

I felt great about my technique. These were some of the best Squat Cleans I have ever done. I actually caught the 275# but could not stand with it. I have been working on my Front Squat but realized that once the weight get up there and I catch it in the squat I am much lower then in a normal front squat so I need to practice getting real low with a pause....then stand. Never thought Olympic lifting was so technical.....but now I need to try my Snatch with my new found love of the technical side of it. Hoping to only see my lifts get better in weight and with my technique. Once I finished these I popped on the 20# weighted vest and got ready for a beat down.

3 Rds

15 Hang Clean 135#
15 Burpees

4:31

My PR on this was just about 2 weeks ago and I got 3:41. The weight vest changed everything. I liked the change up though because that little change wrecked me! Loved it though.

Then I PR'd on Max DU's

64

I rarely try to do that but I picked up the rope and said 1 time through and I got 64 so I was happy with that.

That night:

HSPU Hold - 1:46

Push Ups w/ 40# weighted vest

40 push ups then
:40 second rest
40 Push ups no vest

Chels made me do the push ups and it sucked! I could not drop but could hold myself any way possible.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment