Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trials and Tribulations of choosing a WOD

So......I was trying to think of a WOD for today's classes at the box......and found an interesting one....21-18-15-12-9-6-3 Burpees / KB Swings 70# from Crossfit Roselle.

I wanted to do this WOD for myself but also really wanted to do yesterday's Main Site WOD: 20 Minute AMRAP: 10 Squat Snatches 95# - 10 Ring Dips - 10 K2E. Dilemma.....

Here lied my problem, 2 WOD's and only a short period of time. Plus, I added a strength aspect of:

3-3-3-3-3-3, doing 1 set every minute with heavy weight clean and jerk.

used 225# and went unbroken

So....after long deliberation I did all of it. As soon as the class I was coaching finished i did the Burpee / KB WOD. I used a 70#:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3

8:08 (will need to watch the video to make sure I did all the reps)

Then after I trained my Brother in-law I did the Main site Wod from the other day. my goal was to beat the top person on the Main Site who did 10 Rds + 5 Squat Snatch. The workout was

20 Min AMRAP:

10 Squat Snatches 95#
10 Ring Dips
10 K2E

10 Rds + 10 Squat Snatches

Very Excited because I was able to beat the score I wanted too. I have the WOD on video if anyone wants to see it, it will not upload to youtube.com because it is to long.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment