Monday, October 18, 2010

Level 1

I am CrossFit Level 1 Certified and very excited! I had an awesome weekend in Indianapolis for my Certification. Chris Spealler an amzing athlete led the Cert and Chelssie's hero Miranda Oldroyd was there. I had a blast being coached by them and feel so good about what I learned.

I learned so much especially the importance of the basics. This is an area I overlook but now will concentrate a lot more because it makes everything else you do easier and better.

At Certs you always do WOD's also....and my goal was to do a WOD and then hope Spealler would come talk to me....fingers crossed! The first workout we did on Saturday was......FRAN!

21-15-9

95# Thrusters
Pull ups

2:28 (PR)

I PR'd by 1 second. I was excited and thought I would do better but during the WOD I felt slow and weak for some reason, so when I saw the PR......after Spealler told me the time......I knew I could go lots faster next time. He was there screaming at me the whole time and it was awesome. And he came up and talked to me after for awhile. It was great.

Day 2 was nutrition, programming, and more advanced movements. Again I learned a ton! We did a WOD earlier this day and it was a partner WOD:

10 Minute AMRAP

10 Push ups
10 Med Ball Cleans

12 Rds 8 cleans

You could not go to the next movement until your partner was done and then you switched going for the 10 minutes in this manner.

When it was all said and I passed the test....it was an amazing weekend. And me and Spealler are now best friends and I do not care what you think......you were not there!






Iam CrossFit Level 1 Certified and very excited! I had an awesome weekend in Indianapolis for my Certification. Chris Spealler an amzing athlete led the Cert and Chelssie's hero Miranda Oldroyd was there. I had a blast being coached by them and feel so good about what I learned.

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment