Saturday, October 23, 2010

2008 Crossfit Game DL Burpee WOD

I personally feel that the 2008 Crossfit Games were Crossfits coming out party. I say this because it is what I first heard about when someone was speaking of Crossfit (and that is just my opinion)! I have tried a workout from these games before that I quit. One that I quit when I was lacking in the DL department.....it hurt and was hard.....ever heard that before from a Crossfitter....YES. The workout is 5Rds: 5 275# Deadlifts - 10 Burpees. I am going to do this one sometime this weekend. My goal is to be close to Spealler's time at the 2008 Games. He may be small but he pakcs a punch. he finished in 2:44 and got 2nd place for the workout. This will be tough but is a good goal. I know now he would crush this time though. I am working to that oint.

I woke up early today but knew I needed to take it easy. So.....turned on the TV and relaxed for a half hour instead of doing this WOD. Today is DL day but my back is still tight so I figured this would be a good change on my DL day. Hope to get it in with a good time tonight or tomorrow.

____________

Done.....I got home and did the WOD:

5 Rds

5 275# DL
10 Burpees

2:59

Not bad, I thought it was faster until I saw the time on my watch. Happy though.....room for improvement!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIkJHHzfK34

(LINK TO THE VIDEO, IT CUT OFF THE LAST 10 SECONDS)

NU

No comments:

Post a Comment